Friday, July 29, 2016

Feel Free To Escape

Hello there world, friends, family, strangers.

I'm just a kid on a winding road who has no idea what surprises it holds, nor when it will end.
A bit about myself:

Singer/songwriter, music, upcoming YouTuber, writer, illustration, teaching, food, travel, people, experience.

You're welcome to skip this part if you don't want to know who I am, but if you do, here it is.

I've been singing for four years, writing since I could write, musician for eight years, foodie, extroverted, caught the travel bug early on.

I would say experience is a huge part of my life an I have been fortunate enough to try most things the world has to offer. Any kind of extracurricular activity you can think of I've probably tried. From horseback-riding to gymnastics, young runners to art class, swimming to cooking, I've done it.

I've been babysitting since the age of twelve and volunteering at a dog shelter round the corner from where I live for about a year now.

RETURN TO READING HERE

The above may sound all artsy-fartsy, but that is honestly what I enjoy doing, not a stereotypical teenage-girl bio. I'm very passionate about what I do but there's one thing that steals all my time away from me. That thing is Social Media.

Now I'm not going to lie, keeping up with the populars on Instagram is enjoyable to some degree but also time-consuming. Reading Qooh Me, getting through all the photos in your instagram feed and repeatedly checking facebook, just in case there's something before "switching off" or "going to sleep".

I'm sure I'm not the only one that does or feels this way, but this is my escape. Writing is my escape. So from August 1st I am quitting all social medias, besides tumblr, as I  have had enough of letting myself be instigated into this habit, as if it is necessary to my survival as drinking water. Enough is enough. I have started a tumblr account to share my photography, quotes and writing and is the only reason I am not taking a break from that as well. I'll leave the link down below.

This blog is going to become my outlet for creative, random thoughts, opinions and my views on the world. Feedback is always welcome as well as ideas or things you'd like me to write about.

I hope you'll join me on this ride to escape reality, even if it's just for ten minutes.


~RG

http://rach-grace-official.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool... I can't wait to read what's next.
    missing you incredibly much, Kezi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hi - Miss you lots. Look forward to reading more. x

    ReplyDelete